Bright sphere with smile in row of grey boxes from Crestock Creative Images Quick. Write down your own list of the top ten skills of quality coaching. What does it look like? Something like this? Communication skills; Passion; Empathy with athletes; The ability to engage with athletes and inspire athletes to fully engage with the [...]
Tag Archives | UCNISS
We all agree that developing mental skills is an essential part of being a successful athlete. The ability to perform under pressure, the capacity to remain confident and resilient when competition conditions get tough, the skill to be able to relax and stay focused when feeling pain and fatigue in competition, concentration, visualization……coaches and athletes [...]
Can you achieve the same or better performance results with reduced training volume? More on More with Less.
One of the greatest challenges many traditional Olympic sports face is how to achieve the same or better results in less time. Kids and parents have very little spare time and for sports like swimming, track and field, rowing, diving, gymnastics, tennis and cycling, finding ways to optimise athletic development and enhance sports performance efficiently: i.e. achieving better performances in less time has become an increasingly important aspect of coaching around the world.
A Sportscoachingbrain Presentation: Ten Qualities of Great Coaches Yours to read, enjoy and use. Wayne Goldsmith %CODE1% Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
backet from Crestock Stock Photography There are coaching courses, coaching workshops, coaching programs, coaching presentations and coaching seminars. There are mentoring programs for coaches, professional development programs for coaches, training programs for coaches and a million and one degrees, certificates and accreditation programs for coaches. But what is coaching and what does it take to [...]
Another Sportscoachingbrain Presentation: Sports Management: The Ten Top Tips of Great Sports Management. Yours to read, enjoy and use. Wayne Goldsmith %CODE1% Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
High Performance on a Budget – can you create a high performance environment without spending any money?
As soon as someone mentions the words “high-performance” in sport, people start running for their cheque books and credit cards. The most commonly held view about high-performance sport is that you need significant investment and resources to run a successful high performance sports program. However, money alone does not guarantee success in high performance sport and almost any coach or Club can create a sustainable high performance environment by targeting and prioritising their resources on the right things at the right time. This article discusses how to prioritise in high performance sport and how to target the things that matter: the things that will make a difference where it really matters….the performance of your athletes
rock climber at sunset from Crestock Stock Images Go from Good to Great in Ten Easy Steps??? The Good to Great part is easy………it’s writing about it in Ten Easy Steps that’s the hard bit! Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
leadership blvd_excellence way from Crestock Stock Photos Leadership? Lots of people talk about where leadership in sport is now. But where did our current thinking on leadership come from? How did leadership in professional sport evolve? And more importantly, where is leadership in professional sport going? Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
Pick My Brain (Search)
- Excelsior: I used to think that toughness training was doing ...
- mgreb: Whenever I start feeling low in energy or belief, ...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks James. With coaching, like so many things,...
- Excelsior: Thanks Wayne, resonates strongly with me. I have r...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks for the "fan-mail". If one coach changes ...
- A Piece of String is Twice as Long as it is from one end to the middle. July 11, 2012
- Coaching without Periodisation November 15, 2012
- Five World Wide Trends in Sport which you ignore at your peril. November 15, 2012
- Sports Coaching in 2030 – Future (coach) Shock – Where will Sports Coaching be in 2030? January 5, 2012
- The Biggest Question in Coaching: How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard? January 30, 2011
- The Commitment Continuum. April 4, 2013
- High Performance Sports Systems – The Non System System. March 27, 2013
- Creative Coaching: Teaching coaches to be Creative and Innovative. March 27, 2013
- 10000 hours to make a champion??? What rubbish! March 27, 2013
- Coaching without Periodisation – Part Two March 27, 2013
- Coach education
- Coaching Tips
- Commonwealth Games
- Crawford report
- Football World Cup
- High Performance Coaching
- High Performance Sport
- Hot Topics
- Olympic Games
- Performance Psychology
- Performance Science
- Skills Development
- Sport and Parenting
- Sports Management
- Teams Development