Where is Sports Coaching heading? Where will it be in 2030? What will the average coach be doing everyday on pool deck or on the court or at the track or on the field? This article looks at the Future of Sports Coaching and suggests that if you take a moment or two to consider where the world is heading, then you will also see where coaching will be in 20 years.
Tag Archives | Triathlon
The term “Sporting Widow” (or widower) is almost a cliche in high performance sport as many, many relationships have fallen apart in the industry due to the demands and pressures of travel, preparation, competition, training camps etc etc. This article is for all my coaching, sports science, sports medicine and sports management colleagues (and their long suffering partners […]
Everyone talks about values based coaching. Lots of people believe in values based management. Even more promote the benefits of players and athletes coming up with a list of values on which to build a successful team preparation and performance environment. And yet…in spite of all the talk about values and the millions of dollars […]
I know, I know, I know. This sounds like an advertisement for a new sporting product or new piece of sporting training equipment…the sporting equivalent of the “knife that cuts through a shoe” or the “miracle mop” that does everything around the house including walking the dog, cooking dinner and putting the kids to bed. […]
It was not all that long ago when the words “strength training” and “gymnasium” conjured up images of muscle hulks and Arnold Schwarzenegger – that is before he become the Governator! However, in recent years, strength and conditioning has gained acceptance as an applied sports science and is respected as a profession in its own […]
In High Performance Sport, experience is important. Knowledge of the sports industry is critical. An understanding of the culture of high performance is vital. But ultimately, success is high performance sport comes down to possessing exceptional talent and ability in five core areas: Problem solving; Crisis management; Creating and sustaining a high performance environment, i.e. change management and continuous improvement; […]
I have been lucky to be involved in high performance sport for the best part of 20 years. I have been very very fortunate to work with Olympic Gold Medalists, World Champions, World Record Holders, Premiership Title Winners, World Cup Winners…champion athletes, teams and coaches in many different sports and in several different countries. Quite often, when I […]
By Wayne Goldsmith | You read right – improve your coaching by NOT coaching. Coaching improves performance. But too much coaching – over coaching – can have a negative influence on performance. Who OVER coaches? Typically five types of coaches OVER coach: Young, inexperienced coaches who are trying too hard; Coaches who lack real belief in […]
I hear it all over the world. In every sport. In every club. Coaches asking, “How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard”” Here’s how. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Pick My Brain (Search)
- Scozzie Squash | The golden rule?: […] http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/10000...
- The Value Of Repetitions | At Home On The Court: […] necessity for a useful repetition is the...
- The Five: Tuesday, October 1 | This Running Life: […] 5. The future of coach education (a must...
- TEAM LETDOWNS: THE WHYS AND THE WHEREFORES | GRUMPYHOOPS: NEWS AND VIEWS: […] http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/the-p...
- The Five: Friday, August 9 | This Running Life: […] 4. Mental toughness and how to train it ...
- A Piece of String is Twice as Long as it is from one end to the middle. July 11, 2012
- Coaching without Periodisation November 15, 2012
- Five World Wide Trends in Sport which you ignore at your peril. September 10, 2013
- Sports Coaching in 2030 – Future (coach) Shock – Where will Sports Coaching be in 2030? September 2, 2013
- The Biggest Question in Coaching: How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard? March 27, 2013
- More with Less November 27, 2013
- Thinking Outside the Box in Coaching in High Performance Sport – Creativity is King! September 10, 2013
- Talent Identification in the Western World – Over funded and Over rated. September 10, 2013
- Coach education – Ten Dumb Things we do and call it Coach Education September 10, 2013
- The Rebuilding Phase..the biggest cop out in sport. September 10, 2013
- Coach education
- Coaching Tips
- Commonwealth Games
- Crawford report
- Football World Cup
- High Performance Coaching
- High Performance Sport
- Hot Topics
- Olympic Games
- Performance Psychology
- Performance Science
- Skills Development
- Sport and Parenting
- Sports Coaching Podcast
- Sports Management
- Talent Identification and Development
- Teams Development