green apples on a pyramid shape – be different from Crestock Creative Images So Great Britain has an outstanding high performance sports system. Australia had one a few years ago…and they hope to have it again. The “Eastern Block” had some brilliant high performance sports systems – systems which influenced the development of high performance [...]
Tag Archives | Tennis
This “10000 hours to build a champion athlete” stuff seems to have popped up in a lot of places recently. Just goes to show how many people in the world can write stuff about sport without knowing anything about it. Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
In part one of this post we discussed the possibility of Coaching Without Periodisation. In part two we will look at an alternate way of working with athletes and helping each individual you coach to realise their full potential and achieve their training and performance goals. Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
Positive Drug Tests in sport. What sort of idiot trains hard for months or even years then: Takes performance enhancing or social drugs before, during or after competition? Takes performance enhancing or social drugs at any time? That’s just it: they are idiots. Well most of them are anyway. Some are misguided. Some are lazy. Some just [...]
Coach education, as we know it, has failed. There is a shortage of quality coaches in all sports and in every nation. Yet, at the same time, governments and sporting organisations are throwing piles of money at sport participation programs in an effort to battle some of society’s biggest problems, i.e. obesity and the health problems associated with inactivity. The key to success is to gain, train and retain quality coaches: coaches who know and understand the needs of their “clients” (i.e. athletes and their families) and who as the “front-line” of sport are equipped to deliver a “client focussed approach” to sports participation and performance.
Young business woman from Yuri Arcurs Website One of the most critical initiatives any sporting organisation can undergo is the Building of the Board. As the Board provides strategic direction, leadership and vision to the organisation, it is essential to consider the P-P-P of the Board, i.e.: The quality of the People who sit on the [...]
As the new decade starts, it is time to face the realities of the sports experience around the world. The last decade, saw the most significant changes in society, in learning, in education, in technology and in social change that the world has experienced. And, in general, sport has not kept pace with the extent or speed [...]
Every time a professional player or elite athlete tests positive to drugs or is caught abusing alcohol, you can guarantee three things will happen: Newspapers and other media will over react and claim an isolated incident is evidence of an inherent drug and alcohol abuse culture in the club or sport (or all of sport); The club [...]
Alcohol and footy are hot topics right now: that’s nothing new – they have been hot topics since both were invented. Republished by Blog Post Promoter Tweet
Pick My Brain (Search)
- Excelsior: I used to think that toughness training was doing ...
- mgreb: Whenever I start feeling low in energy or belief, ...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks James. With coaching, like so many things,...
- Excelsior: Thanks Wayne, resonates strongly with me. I have r...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks for the "fan-mail". If one coach changes ...
- A Piece of String is Twice as Long as it is from one end to the middle. July 11, 2012
- Coaching without Periodisation November 15, 2012
- Five World Wide Trends in Sport which you ignore at your peril. November 15, 2012
- Sports Coaching in 2030 – Future (coach) Shock – Where will Sports Coaching be in 2030? January 5, 2012
- The Biggest Question in Coaching: How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard? January 30, 2011
- The Commitment Continuum. April 4, 2013
- High Performance Sports Systems – The Non System System. March 27, 2013
- Creative Coaching: Teaching coaches to be Creative and Innovative. March 27, 2013
- 10000 hours to make a champion??? What rubbish! March 27, 2013
- Coaching without Periodisation – Part Two March 27, 2013
- Coach education
- Coaching Tips
- Commonwealth Games
- Crawford report
- Football World Cup
- High Performance Coaching
- High Performance Sport
- Hot Topics
- Olympic Games
- Performance Psychology
- Performance Science
- Skills Development
- Sport and Parenting
- Sports Management
- Teams Development