green apples on a pyramid shape – be different from Crestock Creative Images So Great Britain has an outstanding high performance sports system. Australia had one a few years ago…and they hope to have it again. The “Eastern Block” had some brilliant high performance sports systems – systems which influenced the development of high performance […]
Tag Archives | Cycling
In part one of this post we discussed the possibility of Coaching Without Periodisation. In part two we will look at an alternate way of working with athletes and helping each individual you coach to realise their full potential and achieve their training and performance goals. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Positive Drug Tests in sport. What sort of idiot trains hard for months or even years then: Takes performance enhancing or social drugs before, during or after competition? Takes performance enhancing or social drugs at any time? That’s just it: they are idiots. Well most of them are anyway. Some are misguided. Some are lazy. Some just […]
Coach education, as we know it, has failed. There is a shortage of quality coaches in all sports and in every nation. Yet, at the same time, governments and sporting organisations are throwing piles of money at sport participation programs in an effort to battle some of society’s biggest problems, i.e. obesity and the health problems associated with inactivity. The key to success is to gain, train and retain quality coaches: coaches who know and understand the needs of their “clients” (i.e. athletes and their families) and who as the “front-line” of sport are equipped to deliver a “client focussed approach” to sports participation and performance.
Message to the Sports Science community – are you kidding? Altitude training? I thought the old approach to altitude training was done and dusted but to my amazement, nations continue to invest in one of the most questionable sports performance ”enhancement” methodologies in the business. You can’t be serious! Republished by Blog Post Promoter
As the new decade starts, it is time to face the realities of the sports experience around the world. The last decade, saw the most significant changes in society, in learning, in education, in technology and in social change that the world has experienced. And, in general, sport has not kept pace with the extent or speed […]
Every time a professional player or elite athlete tests positive to drugs or is caught abusing alcohol, you can guarantee three things will happen: Newspapers and other media will over react and claim an isolated incident is evidence of an inherent drug and alcohol abuse culture in the club or sport (or all of sport); The club […]
There is no doubt that successful sports performance is multi-disciplinary in nature. Athletes and coaches need to be aware of the physiological, biomechanical, psychological, nutritional, medical and immunological and other issues that can impact on their competition performances. It - performance – is rarely – if ever -about one thing in isolation! Republished by Blog Post Promoter
By Wayne Goldsmith Coaches are always talking about motivation and some make lots of money doing motivation talks, motivation lectures, giving motivational speeches, writing motivational books, selling motivational videos, running motivational courses and generally being motivational! Here’s the funny thing: motivation – there’s no such thing. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Pick My Brain (Search)
- Scozzie Squash | The golden rule?: […] http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/10000...
- The Value Of Repetitions | At Home On The Court: […] necessity for a useful repetition is the...
- The Five: Tuesday, October 1 | This Running Life: […] 5. The future of coach education (a must...
- TEAM LETDOWNS: THE WHYS AND THE WHEREFORES | GRUMPYHOOPS: NEWS AND VIEWS: […] http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/the-p...
- The Five: Friday, August 9 | This Running Life: […] 4. Mental toughness and how to train it ...
- A Piece of String is Twice as Long as it is from one end to the middle. July 11, 2012
- Coaching without Periodisation November 15, 2012
- Five World Wide Trends in Sport which you ignore at your peril. September 10, 2013
- Sports Coaching in 2030 – Future (coach) Shock – Where will Sports Coaching be in 2030? September 2, 2013
- The Biggest Question in Coaching: How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard? March 27, 2013
- More with Less November 27, 2013
- The Ten Habits of Highly Effective Coaches September 10, 2013
- Thinking Outside the Box in Coaching in High Performance Sport – Creativity is King! September 10, 2013
- Talent Identification in the Western World – Over funded and Over rated. September 10, 2013
- Coach education – Ten Dumb Things we do and call it Coach Education September 10, 2013
- Coach education
- Coaching Tips
- Commonwealth Games
- Crawford report
- Football World Cup
- High Performance Coaching
- High Performance Sport
- Hot Topics
- Olympic Games
- Performance Psychology
- Performance Science
- Skills Development
- Sport and Parenting
- Sports Coaching Podcast
- Sports Management
- Talent Identification and Development
- Teams Development