Memoirs of a great coach…..Biography of a great coach….Lessons on coaching from one of the greats….seems like greatness and coaching are often talked about in the same breath. But what is great coaching? Can any coach become great? And if so, how can a coach go from just coaching to great coaching? This article discuss the key aspects of greatness in coaching and challenges readers to look at and overcome the barriers and limitations they are facing in their own personal quests for coaching greatness.
Archive | December, 2012
Pick My Brain (Search)
- Excelsior: I used to think that toughness training was doing ...
- mgreb: Whenever I start feeling low in energy or belief, ...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks James. With coaching, like so many things,...
- Excelsior: Thanks Wayne, resonates strongly with me. I have r...
- Wayne Goldsmith: Thanks for the "fan-mail". If one coach changes ...
- A Piece of String is Twice as Long as it is from one end to the middle. July 11, 2012
- Coaching without Periodisation November 15, 2012
- Five World Wide Trends in Sport which you ignore at your peril. November 15, 2012
- Sports Coaching in 2030 – Future (coach) Shock – Where will Sports Coaching be in 2030? January 5, 2012
- The Biggest Question in Coaching: How do I get this generation of athletes to work hard? January 30, 2011
- The Commitment Continuum. April 4, 2013
- High Performance Sports Systems – The Non System System. March 27, 2013
- Creative Coaching: Teaching coaches to be Creative and Innovative. March 27, 2013
- 10000 hours to make a champion??? What rubbish! March 27, 2013
- Coaching without Periodisation – Part Two March 27, 2013
AFL American Football Archery Athletics Badminton Baseball Basketball Boxing Coach education Coaching Commonwealth Games Cricket Cycling Diving Football Gymnastics High Performance High Performance Coaching Hockey Lawn Bowls Netball Olympic Games Olympics Performance Science Rugby Rugby League Rugby Union Shooting Soccer sport Sport and Parenting sporting parents Sports coaching Sports Management sports science Squash Swimming Table Tennis Tennis Track and Field Training Triathlon UCNISS Weightlifting Wrestling
- Coach education
- Coaching Tips
- Commonwealth Games
- Crawford report
- Football World Cup
- High Performance Coaching
- High Performance Sport
- Hot Topics
- Olympic Games
- Performance Psychology
- Performance Science
- Skills Development
- Sport and Parenting
- Sports Management
- Teams Development